Tuesday, June 7, 2016

I MADE BUTTER


I love being a missionary. Seriously though, I cannot even remember what my life was like before my mission. Missionary life feels like normal life now. All I ever think about is missionary work. I even dream that I'm tracting doors or teaching lessons hahahha. 


But this week was great! We had a lot of appointments cancel & so many of our investigators dropped us, but it was still such a good week. Yesterday, Cara got baptized by her father, who is a recent convert! It was so amazing to be a part of their family's journey into the gospel. 

We are still teaching some really amazing people. Ronaldo passed his baptismal interview & will be getting baptized this Saturday! He is so excited & his testimony is so strong. Before we started teaching him, he used to pray to god quite often to ask for guidance or help in his life. Every single time he did, he met missionaries. This happened six times. So when he was stopped this last time, he finally decided to be taught & hasn't looked back since! He is also considering going on a mission! Ahhhh miracles! This truly is the Lord's work, & doing His will will always bring miracles. 

Okay now we will do bullet points:

- My training on patience & charity was great. I guess doing a training a second time really does make it a million times better hahah. 

- We went finding with the Elders & said a kneeling prayer to find at least one new investigator each who is searching for God. Not even 5 minutes later we met someone called Chantelle. She is a uni student who isn't religious, but has been thinking about the possibility of there being a God for quite a long time. She was so willing to meet with us & was so sweet! We are teaching her tomorrow! 

- Sister Carr & I had to sing for the musical item at Cara's baptism. It was scary. 

- The zone leaders made me a smoothie! 

- We ran out of butter, so we made homemade butter. #domestic


- The senior couple in our ward, the Tuttles, had us & the Elders over for dinner last night & it seriously felt like a family dinner. 

- We went to a mission farewell bonfire for one of the YSA in our ward & got to have s'mores! But that same morning I had decided to wash my coat & it took so long for it to dry. So after the bonfire it smelled like smoke, so I had to wash it a second time. 

- I think I'm going to buy a blender, okay mom?

- One of the litter girls in the ward refers to me as her "posh mommy." But when I make her mad she calls me her maid. 

- This same girl told one of our investigators that she looked like a goat! AHHHH man, so awkward. 

- We are eating Brazilian food. 

Sister Sydney Johannes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog