Monday, January 22, 2018

IT RAINED A LOT

First off, RONALDO WAS BAPTISED!! He was baptised on Saturday by a recent convert named Nathan. It was a neat experience to have a part in his baptism & to also see the happiness that he felt. He never stops smiling in general, but on his baptism day he could seriously not stop (except when we were taking pictures of course).



Second, I'm training this transfer! So I'm having another child. Ahh so exciting but so scary. So this is how we found out:

All day yesterday we were waiting for a call & at 4:45 we still hadn't received one so we assumed we were staying together. We were walking down the road & I was telling Sister Carr how exciting it was we get to stay together. Then we knocked on our investigators door & we get a call from a number we didn't recognise, I answer, & it ends up being the assistants. He tells us that Sister Carr is moving to Northampton & I am training. Our faces were so shocked & so surprised. Then we had to finish our stop by with our investigator before we could even talk about it.

So it was unexpected that either of us were leaving, & we are both nervous for what next transfer has in store for us. I am so grateful I got to serve with Sister Carr though! She taught me so much & made me a better missionary & person. Now I get to share what I learned with my new companion.

Things that happened this week:
- This week was extremely hard.

- We went finding so much this week, & found no new investigators. I asked all of my leaders what we are doing wrong & they have no idea how to help us. So that's good.

- I have learned one very important lesson this transfer: you cannot please everyone. No matter how hard you are working, there will always be people who criticise & tear you down. But on the same token, there will always be people who love & support you.

- One of our investigators (the one we stopped by yesterday when we got the moves call) read 3/4 of the Book of Mormon since the last time we saw him! That's amazing & such a miracle. He said that & I was like, "wait...what? Really?" We were not excepting that, so it was exciting to hear.

- Sister Carr bought me a smoothie so I wouldn't be sad anymore. I love her.

We did so much tracting in the rain. We were drenched almost every time we went.
- One day we went finding & prayed to find a family. We did the whole two hours with no success in finding a family, so on our way home we were a little sad. Then we dope coded to stop one more person before we went into our house. It was a woman who appeared to be in a rush, but she stopped & talked with us anyways. She told us she was a mother & that she had been wanting to go to our church for a while! She gave us her phone number & we know where she lives as well (accidentally followed her home because she lives right next to us). It was amazing to see how the Lord answers all prayers, but not always in the timing we want.

-Rafa made amazing cupcakes for Ronaldo's baptism.


I love you all! I hope you had a good Easter holiday.

Tune in next week to find out who my companion will be ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog