Monday, February 2, 2015

DEAR SISTER JOHANNES

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the England London Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months. 

You should report to the England Missionary Training Center on Thursday, May 28, 2015. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English language. 

The moment I read my call to my friends & family & finally found out where I was going to spend the next 18 months of my life.


Proud mother hugging her little missionary. 


My little sister wouldn't let go because "she didn't want anyone to see her crying." 


Father-daughter photograph. I promise he was more excited than he looks. 


Got to take a short trip to Temple Square the Sunday after I opened it. 


I've honestly been so blessed. 


I know that being a missionary is hard. I know that there will be days where I want to quit. I know that there will be more doors slammed in my face than those welcoming me. 

But I also know that this gospel is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that my Father in Heaven loves me & will never give me a trial I can't overcome. I know of the power of the atonement & the happiness that it can bring to everyone's lives.  

I know that this is exactly where the Lord needs me. And I know that my brothers and sisters in England are anxiously waiting to hear about this little blue book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog