Sunday, August 9, 2015

Grandpa Gene

The hardest thing I've ever had to do was say goodbye to my grandpa when I left for my mission. While we were hugging, he whispered in my ear, "I hope I'll still be here when you get back." The second hardest thing I've had to do was hear that he passed away-- that he wouldn't be there when I got back. My grandpa was the sweetest, happiest person I've ever known. I'm lucky to have had such a strong relationship with him & to have had him as a constant role model to me growing up. I know he is happy & will continue to support me as I serve my mission & go throughout my life.  It has been a rough few days, being so far away from my family in this time of trial, but I've come to rely on the Lord and his never ending comfort & strength. I'm blessed to have the gospel in my life & the knowledge that I will see him again. God be with you, Grandpa, until we meet again. ❤️
 
     P.S. Send me emails at sydney.johannes@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog