Monday, January 22, 2018

THE RAIN IS JAMAICAN ME CRAZY

Beautiful beautiful people. Sorry the subject line is so cheesy & not funny at all. 
I am just so grateful for each & every one of you. This has been one of those weeks where I had to humble myself & rely on the Lord completely. It wasn't necessarily a hard week, it was just one of those rough weeks where nothing seems to go as planned. 



But regardless of that, we still saw so many miracles! 

• I bought a blender this week! Best purchase of my entire mission. No joke. 

• We met the cutest little boy named Alfie (so English) on the bus with his friends. He was 11 years old & we gave him our phone number to give to his mom. He called us right after he got off the bus just to say he made it home safely. This seems like such a small thing, but it really is those little flecks of gold that make the whole week worth it. 

• We went to a garden party with the elders & ate food. It's the little things. 

• On Wednesday, Canterbury had the worst rainstorm I had ever seen. I've only been in England for one other thunderstorm, & that was in my first month as a missionary. Wednesday was even more intense, & two of our appointments cancelled, so we were left finding in the rain. The rainstorm was so bad that one of the grocery stores was struck by lighting twice. Lol we didn't find out about that until afterwards though. So sister Daines & I went out street contacting for three hours in the rain, thunder, & lighting. But something I've learned on my mission is that rain brings miracles. If we are willing to sacrifice by going out in the rain, the Lord is that much more willing to bless us. 

• With that being said, a nice man from Jamaica named Ali bought me an umbrella. And we found so many new & potential investigators. 

• We went on exchanges to Illford! I got the sisters new investigators & then accidentally deleted them......

• I have been sick for the last few days & the elders are so kind & gave me a blessing. Every time I receive a priesthood blessing my testimony of god's power grows, but this time it was especially neat. Every single one of my concerns was addressed in the blessing, & there is no doubt in my mind that it was god talking to me through this young elder. It made me so grateful for the knowledge that I have of the restored gospel, & for all of those worthy priesthood holders in my life (shoutout to you, dad). 

• The Tuttles (senior missionary couple) take us grocery shopping every week. I love them. 

• We taught primary & relief society this week. They were such good lessons & half of the relief society women cried cuz the spirit was so strong. #spiritpunch

Thank you for all of your support & love! I love you! 💕

Sister Sydney Johannes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog