Monday, January 22, 2018

MAX & RUTHIE (RUTHIE & MAX)

Sorry I didn't send an email last week! But this is another one of those weeks where I have zero time to write, so I'll just send bullet points of all the great things that have happened the last two weeks: 


• We had the three week new missionary meeting in Hyde park on Wednesday! It was fun to see all of the other trainers & to see the excitement on all the lil trainees' faces when they got to see their MTC group again. It is so great to train because I am constantly reminded of my first 12 weeks of my mission. I remember the first time I saw my MTC companions & I nearly cried tears of joy because I missed them so much!

• Sister Daines is seriously such a good missionary. She has taught me so much the last five weeks we've been together. I feel like she is training me & I'm definitely learning more from her than she is from me. AHHH, I just love her. 

• We fasted on pday & had to go grocery shopping when we were starving. IT WAS SO HARD NOT TO BUY EVERYTHING. Seriously, had to use so much self control.

• I met someone wearing a Colorado jumper (sweatshirt) & asked where he got it. He said he borrowed it from a friend & I said "it's a great jumper!" Then his friend says, "& he looks great in it! 😏😏😏 right?" Lol no thx mister 


• My stake president from home & his wife came to visit last Sunday! Oh my! I love them so much. We ended up going to the Canterbury Cathedral &, as President Jensen puts it, "quoted false doctrine & gave money to an apostate church." It was so lovely having them come to visit though! It was a complete surprise! 

• One of the sweet sisters who always comes teaching with us rolled up to one of our lessons in a super speedy motorised wheelchair scooter. Seriously died laughing at how cool she looked zipping up to the church on it. 


• Sister Daines gave me a super adorable sticky note envelope with a lil note inside telling me how much she loved me. Legitimately the cutest thing anyone has ever done for me. 


• Sister Daines still falls asleep literally everywhere. And literally all the time. 

• One of the families in Sistee Daines' ward sent me a cute tie dye pillow case! And Sister Daines' mom (her name is ruthie) sent me the cutest skirt on the planet for my birthday. I love them 💕

• We went finding today & ran into this really nice man named Max! He told us the best part of his day was "meeting two nice Christians" (that would be sister Daines & I). He told us he had met missionaries before & played basketball with them, but never learned from them. He was so excited to meet with us again & "to learn about that Book of Mormon." AHHH, he was just so cool & nice & prepared. 

• The elders' friend named Ryan was baptised this weekend! He is 19 & preparing to serve a mission in one year! He came to our zone interviews with President Stevens & loved it. We are all just so excited for him! 

In less than a week I can Skype home! And it's also my birthday on Tuesday! Also, I hit 11 months last week! Only 7 short months to go! 

I love you all! ❤
Sister Sydney Johannes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog