Monday, January 22, 2018

HIDING FROM GREENIES

I never know how to start my emails home, so I'm just gonna start telling you everything. 

Wednesday was a hectic day. In the morning, Sister Carr finished packing & we waited for Elder Tuttle to come pick us up. I was so sad that she was leaving. 


Elder Tuttle took us to the train station & we had to wait 40 minutes in the cold for the train to come. It's okay though. We took selfies to pass the time. 

When we got to St Pancras station, we said hello to everyone, & then I said goodby to Sister Carr. I wanted to cry! We have gone through so much together & have both grown so much. I sure miss that nugget already. 

Then Sister Wright & I traveled in the tubes to Hyde Park chapel for the trainers meeting. After a long day of trainings & hiding from the greenies, we finally got to find out who our little companions were going to be. 

My little greenie is Sister Daines from California. We actually went to BYU at the same time & she came into Swig a bunch, so I probably frosted her cookie & made her drink for her countless times while I worked there. She is probably the happiest person I have ever met. Seriously, since the first time I've seen her, I don't think she's ever been without a smile. And she always tells me how great I am, so if I had a self esteem issue, it would be solved after this first week together hahaha. 

Our friend Rafa will be getting baptised this Saturday! We are all so excited. Ronaldo is doing so well since his baptism! So is Cara! 

All week, we did a ton of finding, & for the first four days together, Sister Daines & I found no new investigators. We were a little bummed, but knew that the Lord would provide miracles. So on Sunday, we went finding again & met so many amazing people. 

At the end of our finding, we were headed home to get Sister Daines some snacks to eat during conference so she doesn't fall asleep, & on the way we stopped to talk to a girl sitting on a bench. Her name is Amber. She was so nice & told us she had grown up going to the Mormon church when she was younger! She was so excited to meet with us again & willingly gave us her phone number & address. We will be teaching her on Tuesday! 

Conference was so amazing this weekend. I learned so much from each of the speakers. One of my favourite talks was by Dieter F. Uchtdorf in the Sunday Morning Session. He started his talk by sharing with us about the destruction of a church in Germany (or somethings along those lines). He says, "in 1000 years was the beauty built, in one night it was utterly destroyed." He then goes on to share with us that no matter how broken we feel, the Lord can rebuild us. God is fully aware of those that are lost, & will reach out & find them, but we have to first have faith to reach out to Him. It was an amazing  message shared about how obedience is a sign that we are reaching out to be saved. And our Father in Heaven will always rebuild us. We are all worthy to be rescued & He will make us great. 

Pictures:
1) Waiting for Elder Tuttle to come & trying not to cry. 
2) Waiting for the train.
3) Hiding in the stairwell from all the new missionaries. 
4) Sister Daines & I
5) Selfies with President Stevens
6) Canterbury

1 comment:

Search This Blog