Monday, June 22, 2015

BANANAS AND BIKES




June 15th Today was pday & our district planned to meet up in Bedford & have a picnic. This was the first time I met our whole district so it was exciting! We played a bunch of games outside & in the chapel. 

June 16th Today was the weirdest day. So many strange things happened. We started our day by driving to Cranfield to teach an investigator. We ended up having to teach him in a park & the whole time I was looking into the sun hahahah. But it was a good lesson. My face ended up getting sunburnt though. I didn't even know it would be sunny enough in England to get a sunburn hahah, but it happened! Then we had lunch at a recent converts house & the food was 10/10. After that we had a lot of time to find new investigator around town, so we headed into town. On our way there we saw a fight between a woman & a man, which was kinda scsry. Then we were walking behind these two guys who were smoking & one of them turned back to look at us & then through his cigarette to the side & whispered something to his friend. Then he walked faster away from us & the friend stopped & stared at us as we walked past. Then that friend ran up with the other one & I stopped Sister Yucra cause I was creeped out. So we waited 5 minutes then continued walking & we ended up passing those guys again because they had waited for us. But luckily we were right next to a police station so nothing happened. 

June 17th Today we decided to go to Sandy to teach some less actives & some investigators. When we got there we had a lunch appointment with a less active & we showed her the video Mountains to Climb. The video is about continually having faith, even in the times when we feel like it's impossible to. It's very powerful, so please watch it if you have a chance (you can find it on lds.org). After lunch, we decided to do some tracting (knocking on doors). It was really sad. Everyone slammed the doors in our faces & it was kinda hard to keep smiling & continue to tract. But then my companion & I started talking about how blessed we are to have the gospel in our lives, & how important it is for us to share that gift we've been given. Obviously we can't control everyone & make them listen to our message, but we can reach out to as many people as we can, & then ones that are ready will listen. 

After tracting, we ate a banana on a bench while we waited for an appointment to start. Then we met with a family & we talked to them about coming into Christ. It was hard to teach them though, because they all had their iPads out & every time we started to feel the spirit they would start talking about their cats. But we love the family, so we will continue teaching them! 

June 18th Today we had district meeting for the first time & we rode our bikes there but my bike had two flat tires. Unfortunately there wasn't enough time to go home so I had to ride my bike all the way to the church. I honestly thought I was going to die. I got to the church & fell on the ground & almost started to cry tears of joy. At district meeting Sister Yucra & I had to perform a talent, but I lack talent so it was difficult to come up with something. So we decided to show everyone how funny we are & telll jokes. Everyone was laughing. Hahahahahahahahahahaahah no but real the jokes were soooooo good. At the end of district meeting I was asked to bear my testimony (lol it happens so much) it went well. I'm slowly but surely getting better at speaking in front of people. 

June 19th Today we had an exchange with our Sister Training Leaders & I got to go to London with Sistee Grant while sister Yucra stayed in Bedford with Sister Vanzeel. Sister Grant is from Finland & is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. I learned so much spending the day with her. 

June 20th Today Sister Grant & I traveled back to Bedford so we could switch our companions back. When I got back to Bedford it started raining & sister Yucra & I had to ride our bikes home in the rain. And I coughed while I was riding my bike & ran into a pole lol. It was so scary! And so embarrassing hahahahahah. After that we taught a less active & the spirit was soooooo strong when we were talking about the Book of Mormon. The woman we were teaching almost started crying. It was such a neat experience & it definitely helped to build my testimony. 

June 21st Ohhhhh today was such a good day! We started off our morning by going to church & our investigator came to church!!!! We've been trying for the past three weeks so it was so exciting when she showed up this morning! After church we had lunch with a less active member & then went to town centre to try & find new investigators. It went really well! Sister yurcra & I were both speaking to as many people as we could we got 3 new investigators! After that, we went to a less actives house for dinner. At the end of our lesson, the elders came over & they taught a lesson to her as well. Then the elders gave me a blessing because I've been sick since I got to Bedford. 

This week has been so amazing. I love love love being a missionary. I have learned so much & my testimony has been strengthened more than I thought was possible. 

I know without a doubt that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true church established on Earth today. I know that Jesus Christ suffered & died for each of us because he loves us & wants us to return to live with our Father in Heaven. I know that only through Jesus Christ & his mercy can we be saved. I know that He lives. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that Joseph smith was a prophet called of God & I know that Thomas S. Monson, our prophet today, continue to receive revelation from God to lead & guide us in these last days. 

I LOVE YOU ALL!!! 


Sister Sydney Johannes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog